Sunday, June 28, 2009

Location: Manila, Philippines
Email
: currant77@yahoo.com
Blog: Chill*axing

--------------------------

Objective
:
- to encourage others to take the plunge into digital art/scrapbooking

- to be able to broaden my experience in digital scrapbooking through emersion with other digital scrapbookers in a group, in and around the world
- to gain insight in developing and finding "other styles" and be more comfortable with the new media of non-paper&pen layouts and in the process coming out with memorable works as if it was done through traditional scrapbooking

--------------------------


Styles & Techniques:
Traditionally... plays with embellishments a lot like buttons, brads, metal charms, etc. I love the embellished look and one that is rich in papers and patterns.


Digitally...on one side, I still kept true with the fully embellished, pattern paper-filled layout but I do sometimes go 180 degrees and play with negative space layouts for a more clean & simple, yet striking layout.

--------------------------

A little about me…

My name is Cheryl Chan. I live in the Philippines and work in the banking industry. I've been scrapping pen/paper style since 1999 but since then I've evolved from simple cut and paste pictures to digitally creating layouts through the computer since it enabled me to play around with my digital photos faster and more effectively (through a few photo manipulations). I tested my new found hobby by downloading scrap kit freebees on the web.
In 2006, one of my random layouts caught the attention of a digital designer's eye. This evolved to a CT position with Deborrah Vessels in 2006 then later to other Creative Team offers.
I still occasionally scrap traditional materials but I spend the majority of my free time doing digital art.
My favorite layout as of date is the layout called "Laughter". I can't help but smile and be overjoyed each time I look at the photos in series. This layout gives me some comfort and definitely tons of excitement that even though I don't physically see my nephew, I feel his best through the layout and photos. :) I like the mood that comes out with the kit that I was able to use and somehow makes me look forward to the day that I do have my own kid to feel fulfilled, like what my brother and his wife feels. Please see below for layout's link here.
I currently dabble with some hybrid scrapbooking aside from going digital scrapbooking.

I upload my works to the following galleries, depending on designer appropriateness and request:
TheDigiChick
2Peas
SisTV
3scrapateers
Divinedigital
TreasuresToScrap
GottaPixel
MyScrapBookArt
ScrapOutsideTheBox
DigiShopTalk
ElementalScraps.com
ScrapArtist
Scrapbook-Elements


--------------------------


Current Creative Team Positions:
Jun 2009 to present > MKCreations (Mari Koegelenberg)


Previous Creative Team Positions:
October to December 2009

Butterfly Crafts Blog - Design Team Member

August to October 2009
DigitalPaperHearts.com

June to August 2009
KrazyMary Creations

Sept to Dec 2007
DigitalGinger.com

Aug 2006 to Sept 2007
Teri Hanson & Deborrah Vessels (Digizines.com)
Paper Hearts Design (Mikki Livanos)


Sept 2006 to May 2007
Sweet Sody Pop Designs (Brenda Johnson)

Sept to Dec 2006
Veronica Spriggs (DivineDigitals.com)
Claudia Campbell (ElementalScraps.com)
DSjunkies.com

Aug 2006 to Dec 2009
Doodleboogs (Amy Huffman aka “AmyK”)


Jan 2008 to May 2010
Shabby Scrap Designs (Deanna Patterson)


Oct 2009 to June 2010
DivineDigital.com


Aug 2009 to July 2010
Leah Farquharson



--------------------------
Published Works – Online
DST October 2010 Newsletter
- "Colin Edward"


SisTV Feature September 2009
- "Cool Gals 2009"


PageMaps October 2009 Sketch Feature
- "Bencab 2009"

MyScrapworks.com
- Scrapfeature that showcased some of my works, Oct 2008

“Xmas 2006”
“Redbox 2004”
“Cool Gals - the beginning”
“M”

- Digizines.com
“Girl”, Feb 2007
“Crazy Kids”, QuickPage Feature (also sold as part of a commercial package), Dec 2006
“Peek A Boo”, Nov 2006
“Why God Made Little Girls”, Aug 2006

If you think my style would be a complement to your sites, product or publication, do let me know.
To see more of my work, please follow the links to your left.
Also, feel free to view some of my other works below.

Thank you for your consideration and time!

No comments:

Post a Comment